The upper limbs of the body, encompassing the elbow are complex and as a result a wide variety of problems can occur.
By visiting our consultant web-sites Mr Simon Boyle and Mr Hywel Williams you can learn about some of the more common shoulder problems, what causes them and without using medical jargon, what can be done to resolve them. We have also tried to give an indication on associated risks, success rates and the recovery process. You will find information on the following:
- Ulnar Nerve Release and Transposition
- Lateral Epicondyle Release (tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondyle Release (golfers elbow)
- Elbow Arthroscopy (Key Hole Surgery)
- Removal of Loose Bodies and Spurs
- Olecranon Bursitis
- Stiff Elbow (including MUA – manipulation under anaesthetic)
- Posterior Impingement of Elbow
- Osteochrondritis Dissecans Elbow (OCD)
- Total Elbow Replacement
- Radial Head Excision
- Radial Head Replacement
- Biceps Tendon Rupture
- Triceps Tendon Ruptures
- Outerbridge-Kashiwagi procedure (OK procedure)
- Sports Injuries
We continue to develop our learning and surgical techniques and with important patient feedback will continue to add information that we hope you find useful. Of course nothing beats a face-to-face consultation and if you have any of the identified conditions, you are advised to arrange an appointment to see one of our orthopaedic specialists.
Visit our consultants page to find out more and to arrange a visit.