The shoulder is a complex part of the body and a common area of injury and disorder.
By visiting our consultant web-sites Mr Simon Boyle and Mr Hywel Williams you can learn about some of the more common shoulder problems, what causes them and without using medical jargon, what can be done to resolve them. We have also tried to give an indication on associated risks, success rates and the recovery process. You will find information on the following:
- Shoulder Arthroscopy (Key Hole Surgery)
- Shoulder Impingement
- Calcific Tendonitis
- Arthroscopic Sub Acromial Decompression (ASD)
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilisation
- Acromioclavicular Joint (ACJ) repairs and Reconstruction
- Frozen Shoulder (Shoulder Arthrolysis & Manipulation under anaesthetic)
- Shoulder Resurfacing
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Acromioclavicular Joint Excision
- Arthroscopic capsular release
- Arthroscopic Suprascapular nerve release
- Pectoralis major tendon repairs
- Fixation of clavicle fractures
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
We continue to develop our learning and surgical techniques and with important patient feedback will continue to add information that we hope you find useful. Of course nothing beats a face-to-face consultation and if you have any of the identified conditions, you are advised to arrange an appointment to see one of our orthopaedic specialists.
Visit our consultants page to find out more and to arrange a visit.